Spins & more
We turn you upside down.
Spins & More Flight School – UPRT is our core competence!
What is UPRT? Upset Prevention & Recovery Training, and what does it mean? Quite simply, UPRT training is specialty training conducted in aerobatic aircraft meant to prepare pilots for „loss of control in flight“.
With the publication of the regulation from 20.12.2018 the EU Commission is stressing the importance of Upset Prevention Recovery Training. Starting in Dec 2019, UPRT in a “suitable aircraft” will be mandatory for all commercial pilots. UPRT-Training has been offered by Spins & More for more than 10 years. UPRT tries to expand the flying skills, so that pilots can better avoid or end unwanted flight conditions (Upset). The UPRT training by Spins & More is based on the EMT method (Emergency Maneuver Training) by Rich Stowell (USA). We normaly fly on our fully aerobatic Super Decathlon, but a switch to the our Extra 330 LX is possible.
When you find yourself in the following situations, the plane unexpectedly starts to spin, wake turbulences, or when you find yourself in a oberbanked situation or even inverted flight; there is no time for the textbook! You need to execute recovery procedures quickly. This is exactly what we practice with our students in our UPRT training.
The complete UPRT / Aerobatics training at Spins & More covers 12 flights (total of 10 training hours/blocktime). The contents: Stall & Spin Awareness, Unusal Attitudes & Control Failures and small aerobatic programs. Lesson 13 is the check flight. You will also receive your Aerobatics Rating when you complete the complete UPRT training.
Other training available with Spins & More: Of course, we also offer PPL (A) training (private pilot license), Night Ratings and IFR (Classic Version, Competency Based IFR, Enroute IFR). There are also special ratings: Single Engine Turbine (Class Rating Cessna SET), High Performance Airplane (HPA) or CPL (A) and MEP (Multi Enginge Piston) or Instructor Refresher Seminars (FI / IRI).
Our Aircraft for training and charter include a DA40 Diamond Star, a Super Decathlon Aerobatic Aircraft as well as the Extra 330 LX for advanced aerobatics and a Cessna Soloy and PC-12 as High Performance Aircraft.
Fresh from the Cockpit
Dates & News from Spins & More
Let’s get inverted
Trial Trips: Joyrides & Thrillrides!
Head of Training
- Flies since 1991
- flown types: in addition to the well-known single-engine types, Great Lakes, Extra 200, Zlin 142, Piper Cheyenne, up to the various Citation Series 5 patterns.
- Teacher since: 2002
- Teaching Permissions: SEP / TMG, MEP, C525, IR, Aerobatics Examiner: FE, CRE, IRE, Aerobatics
„It motivates me to be able to open up new perspectives for the participating pilots through Upset Prevention Recovery Training.“
Chief Theoretical Knowledge Instructor
- Flies since 1991
- Types: REMUS G3, C150 / 152, SF27, AV68, C172, C182, C210, P210, PA18, PA28, PA34, DV20, DA40, Z142, BL30
- Teacher since: 2004
- Teaching permissions for: SEP / TMG, PPL, IR, NIT, FI, Aerobatics
- CIVA JUDGE Aerobatics
„Tame birds dream of freedom … wild birds fly.“
- Flight Instructor
- Flying since 1990
- Types of Aircraft: I have a lot of experience with many Single Engine Pistons and taildraggers. Here is a small list of the aircraft. Tiger Moth & Bücker, Christen Eagle & SuperDecathlon, Extra 300L & 330 LX, MEPs (C310 & C421), Helicopter (Schweizer 300, R44, MD500), various Military Jets, Falcon 900EZy, and the Pilatus PC12
- Instructor: since 2000
- Teaches: IR, CPL, PPL, SE SP, night, aerobatic and PC12
- Pilot Examiner: PC 12 SET, SEP (land)
„Never regret something that made you smile !!!“
Dr. Dieter Reisinger
- Flies since 1984
- flown types: in the course of my test pilot training more than 60 different types, from the glider to the B-767, from the EC-120 to the Saab Draken.
„Loss of Control accidents have been at the top of accident statistics for years. The trend continues and unfortunately affects all sectors of aviation, including commercial aviation. The UPRT course uniquely combines theory and practice. It is a privilege to be a part of the Spins & More GmbH crew and to be able to help shape this unique investment in safety!“
- Flies since: 1998
- Flown types: Beechcraft Bonanza, T-37, T-6, T-38A / C, F-4F, F-16, C-152, C-172, PA-28, Tecnam, Katana, Cheetah, Beechcraft Baron 58, Super Decathlon, Extra 330, PC-12
- Teacher (since 2006): FI (A) PPL, SEP, night rating, instrument rating
„Attitude is everything!“
Accountable Manager & Media Relations
- Flies since 2012
- flown types: DA 40, Super Decathlons
„Set Take Off Power“ – nothing compares to this!